Early Morning Wedding

I didn't get quite the early start this morning, so by the tme I got to the field they were halfway through their marriage vows. There were 10 balloons inflated and ready to launch just before dawn. With the final exchange they lifted off. When all were several feet in the air they did a 'twinkle glow' which was very striking in the velvet sky. 


There seemed to be even more balloons today than yesterday going up. Some are headed for Gallup to fly in the Red Rock area. Many of the vendors were making deals on all things balloon. I of course added to my wardrobe. I was tired before we got here and I am really exhausted now! 


We are watching the RV's leave, slowly but surely. Everyone here was friendly and helpful. It is quite a feat to pull this off...one that they have had 40 years of practice. Onward toward home. Watching everyone leave reminded me of seeing vehicles coming back from Burning Man as we were heading out in September. They were a more motley collection than what we have here. Many were homemade, most carrying bicycles and covered with a fine white dust. 

Popular posts from this blog