Georgia

We made it as far as Atlanta Georgia. We crossed the Savannah River into Georgia and drove along Lake Oconee. The lake had houseboats on it. We are crossing the Great Smockey Mountains, the highest pass so far is 905 feet.

When we stopped for lunch I noticed that the Georgia accent is a bit softer. We lost over an hour to road construction. The campgdround we found had been flooded out during Katrina and has not yet been fully restored.

During our stay in SC a women was asking me about my tattoo's. I found out that it has only been two years since they have even been legal! I had noticed that there weren't as many inked folks as I see in CA.

Turns out the bridge we crossed back in Virginia is one of the 7 engineered wonders of the world. 20 miles long, it has two mile long tunnels and two manmade islands 5+ acres each. It was where we had to make sure our propane was turned off, to go through the tunnels.

Next time I have Internet (and I remember) I am going to look up a couple of things that have piqued my interest along the way...'no OLF' placards were along the way in North Carolina and a road sign for 'foreign trade zone 21' has me wondering.

Hopefully we will make Memphis tomorrow, maybe even Little Rock.

Popular posts from this blog