Big Sky Country Montana

We left Billings by yet again crossing the Yellowstone River. There were still pockets of snow on the distant peaks which I later identified as the Big Horn Range. We stopped at a rest stop about 25 miles East to eat breakfast and I found a spot to do some yoga. I was treated to dozens of small yellow butterflies during my practice.

"Meth means death" in graffiti style was painted on the side of an abandoned warehouse. You think maybe there is a drug problem here?

We traveled across Wyoming and as we drove along I 90 there were multiple oil and gas wells. There were at least 3 different sizes of oil rigs, the smallest about half the size of those you see in Long Beach. In places the fall colors are starting with small clumps of yellow and red leaves.

Hill City South Dakota is our home for the next two nights. We are going to explore Mount Rushmore and the surrounding area tomorrow.

Today being the 9/11 anniversary I was thinking about what it means to be an American. May we all find peace in our hearts to treat others as we wish to be treated and may blessings find their way to those whose lives were touched 10 years ago.

---
De Williams
all that I could ever want, I already have
http://followjoy.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog