Playing Tourist

We visited a tame swamp called Cypress garden today. I am dismayed when I see any kind of living thing in captivity. There was this huge catfish in an aquarium just swimming around in circles. I do acknowledge it is good for school children to see what these things look like. There was a butterfly house with tiny fist sized quail, koi, and turtles.

Every block or two there is at least one, maybe two churches, several of which are Baptist. I had no idea the variety of Baptist denominations. There was even a Hispanic one!

Berkeley is the county we are staying in and the Berkeley meeting we attended last night is the 2nd oldest meeting in the area. We went ahead and got our flu shots, apparently there has been outbreaks here already. We are enjoying our daily macflurry while I get online.

They are having a 'cold snap', it is in the mid 70's and it may get down to the 40's tonight.

Popular posts from this blog