Day 2

I found I can email this to the site so I don't have to be online to post. We are spending tonight at small RV park near Blackfoot Idaho. Zoe is happy because there is grass...there wasn't much grass in the desert.

Flags were flying at half mast in Nevada. Three members of the National Guard, in uniform, were killed in a Carson City Ihop, along with 8 others wounded by some local with an automatic rifle. Reason unknown. On my walk I noticed flags along the walk with pictures of active local service members acknowledging their efforts.

Other notes:
There were red flags to carry with you as you crossed at a busy crosswalk.
A billboard reading "Meth is not the Indian way"
Hay and corn fields with rolling irrigation rigs
A HUGE wind farm on I-86 completely quiet

The Snake river was a bit of a surprise. When we first saw it at the bottom of a deep canyon under the freeway, then later as a wide meandering body of water.

We have gone a total of 897 miles, with Yellowstone in our sights for tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog